- Date Discovered:
- October 09, 2018
- The Microsoft .NET Core is prone to an information-disclosure vulnerability. An attacker can exploit this issue to obtain sensitive information. Successful exploits will lead to other attacks.
- Microsoft .NET Core 1.0
- Microsoft .NET Core 1.1
- Microsoft .NET Core 2.1
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core 1.0
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core 1.1
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core 2.1
- Microsoft PowerShell Core 6.0.0
- Redhat .NET Core 2.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Redhat .NET on RHEL (for RHEL Compute Node) 1
- Redhat .NET on RHEL (for RHEL Server) 1
- Redhat .NET on RHEL (for RHEL Workstation) 1
Block external access at the network boundary, unless external parties require service.If global access isn't needed, filter access to the affected computer at the network boundary. Restricting access to only trusted computers and networks might greatly reduce the likelihood of successful exploits.
Deploy network intrusion detection systems to monitor network traffic for malicious activity.Deploy NIDS to monitor network traffic for signs of anomalous or suspicious activity. This may indicate exploit attempts or activity that results from successful exploits.