Norton™ Internet Security
Go anywhere online. Safely.
Introducing the new Norton™ Internet Security.
Complete peace of mind for where you go and what you do online
- Keeps you safe when you surf, shop and bank online
- Warns you about social media scams and suspicious content
- Stops both today's and tomorrow's threats
- Blocks infected and dangerous downloads
- Reduces PC startup time and boosts performance
Actively protects you from viruses, spam, identity theft and social media dangers
- Insight identifies which files and applications are safe and which are dangerous, using the combined feedback of more than 175 million Norton™ users.
- Norton Community Watch tracks virtually every file on the Internet for comprehensive global threat monitoring.
- SONAR Behavioral Protection detects the signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats.
- Spam Blocking keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails.
- Internet Protection System scours websites and social networking sites for suspicious links and content to identify the latest social networking scams.
- Download Insight and IP Address Insight prevent you from downloading files from websites that have a low reputation score within the Norton user community.
- Live 24x7 Threat Monitoring is backed by a network of Norton users who serve as your own personal Neighborhood Watch group.
- Scam Insight reviews a website’s reputation and lets you know if it’s safe to enter your personal information.
- Anti-phishing Technology blocks fraudulent "phishing" sites set up to steal your personal information.
- Identity Safe remembers, secures and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can't be lost or stolen.
- Parental Control helps you protect your kids from online dangers by giving you direct access to Norton Family.
- Safe Web tells you if a website is unsafe before you visit it and it's too late.
- Safe Web for Facebook scans your Facebook Wall and News Feed for URLs containing security threats such as phishing sites, malicious downloads and links to unsafe external sites.
- Intelligent 2-way Firewall prevents strangers from accessing your home network by blocking incoming traffic determined to be unsafe.
- Network mapping and monitoring shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection and/or eavesdropping on you.
Automatic, silent updates keep you one step ahead of new threats and those not yet invented
- Automatic product downloads and installations when you're not using your computer ensure your protection is always up to date.
- Norton Pulse updates virus definitions every 5 to 15 minutes without disrupting your work or play.
- Insight + Optimized File Copy identifies safe files and only scans unknown files.
- Built-in Intelligence maximizes battery life by putting off non-critical activities until you are plugged in and out of full-screen mode.
- Norton Management enables easy single-password access to all Norton cloud-based applications and Web properties – to update, renew, fix or install Norton – including Norton Management, Norton Anti-Theft, Norton Family and Identity Safe.
- Windows® 8 Compatibility features touch-friendly support which works equally great in keyboard and mouse environments.
Restores lost PC horsepower and boosts performance
- Defrag fixes common problems that can rob your computer of speed and power.
- Startup Manager frees up PC memory and fine-tunes settings, so your computer starts up faster.
Deep-cleansing tools scour and disinfect even the nastiest infections that lesser products miss
- Norton Power Eraser scrubs your computer of deeply embedded, difficult-to-remove infections.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency rescue CD, DVD or USB that gets your PC running like new, even if it's so infected it won't start up.
- Windows 8 App remediation scans Windows 8 apps for threats and removes them.
- Need Help? Symantec provides free telephone and chat support during local business hours, Monday through Friday, for a period of one year from initial product installation. Telephone and internet access charges may apply. For full details and to access support, go to www.symantec.com/globalsupport.
Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)1
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 81
- 256 MB of RAM
- 300 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Email scanning supported for POP3-compatible email clients
Support for Antispam
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002 or later
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or later
- Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
Browser Support for Phishing Protection, Safe Search, and Password Management
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1,2
- Mozilla® Firefox® (32-bit only)2,3
- Google Chrome™2,3
Browser Support for Vulnerability Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (32-bit only)1,2
- Mozilla Firefox (32-bit only)2,3
1Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 style browsing mode.
2As made available by Symantec within your service period.
3Supports current and the most recent previous 32-bit releases.